Thursday, October 01, 2009

My (Almost) One-Year Anniversary.


It's sometimes hard in the big, bad blogging world to know whether or not people even read what you write once you hit that all-powerful Publish button. Sure, you get the occassional snarky comment, but it's hard to know if people take what you say to heart sometimes.

In the first 11 months of this blog, I've received some pretty cool "fanmail" I thought I'd share with you. My comments on said fanmail included, of course!

"You write with a kind of honesty that, really, is hard to come by these days."
Why thank you! I sometimes wonder how honest is too honest, especially with a blog that anyone can access and you write about people and situations that happen in your real life, outside the little bubble of the Web. But, the more I think about it, the more I feel like I'd be betraying myself - both as a person and as a writer - if I wasn't hands-down, bare-my-soul honest.

"So witty, so intelligent. I bet you scare all the boys!"
Hahaha! Scare all the boys? I'm sure I probably do, though maybe not for the right reasons. As I say on my disclaimer (read: I aced journalism law in college; I know what I'm doing) on this blogs main page: If I fall in love with you or you break my heart, you might find yourself in these pages. Sorry boys. These boys have been forwarned; I can't control how they choose to make themselves look (I'm a journalist, not a PR image consultant). But my goal IS to sort of scare them with my wit and intelligence, not in a mean sort of way. More like intrigue them with my wits, and maybe make them think, "Wow, there's so much more to this awesome, awesome girl than her physical disability. Where has she been all my life?" The answer, boys: I've been here all along. And I was probably in love with you too...you just didn't notice because I've perfected my subtle guy-gawking skills. But I'm comin' for ya!

"Your blog is hilarious!"
FINALLY! SWEET VICTORY!!! My mother has told me for years that I'm not funny, that I don't have a sense of humor. I kept telling her I do, and finally a few months ago, she told me, "You know, you are funny...on paper." Well, I'll take that as a compliment, I guess.

So tell me...what do you love best about blogging?




[Photo via Lisa Warninger Photography]

6 comments:

  1. It is very surprising for me to think that you built you blog and following up to everything it is on only a year! Congratulations, and here is to another year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I would be where I am had I not been featured as a Blog of Note in July, but THANK YOU!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it how your so honest, as said
    And I like it that you seem to know the right thing to say about everything. Oh, and you always have the best pictures to ompliment your blogs :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i simply adore you blogs, and I always smile a little when they show up on my starting page, you always brighten my day (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be where I am had I not been featured as a Blog of Note in July, but THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin