Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sponsor Spotlight: The White Dress Shop.

If you look to your left, you'll notice a new and wonderful sponsor. I had a chance to interview the delightful Bola of The White Dress Shop recently - seeing as how I could desperately use some fashion tips - about launching the new shop and a special surprise for you! Read on...

Keep in touch...
Official Web site/shop: The White Dress Shop
Check out the blog
Follow on Twitter



1. So tell me a bit about White Dress Shop
The White Dress Shop is an online boutique which launched on August 31, 2009 and is geared towards the fashion forward chic. It features most white dresses, tops and vintage jewelry, and it has a wildcard section featuring colored clothing. The Web site showcases gorgeous designs from some very talented designers like Tracy Reese, Aaron Ashe, Voom by Joy Han and Lia Kes. We also try to offer the same clothing as the larger boutiques, but at a more affordable price since we have less overhead.

2. What inspired you to start the store?
I work as a wedding photographer, and I always got questions from brides-to-be asking what they should wear to their engagment session. So I thought it would be a great idea to start a little dress store. My ultimate goal would be to own a fab bridal boutiques, but that won't be for a few years to come

3. What are your design inspirations and why?
I'm inspired by what I see on the fashion runways each season. There are so many talented designers out there! Based on the runway shows, I select items from the designers we carry that I think would work for our demographic and items that I can personally wear. If I don't like it, I won't carry it!

4. Any words of advice to people who are looking to open up an online boutique?
Do your research, understand your niche and make exposure and marketing your #1 mission. It's not easy, but it will pay off. The White Dress Shop is under two months old, and every day we think of creative ways to market ourselves. We don't have a huge budget so it can be challenging at times, but slowly and surely it's starting to pay off.

5. What are some winter fashions we can expect as far as winter weddings are concerned?
I'm seeing a lot of vintage jewelry at weddings I photograph. I'm also seeing a lot of brides change into short reception dresses.

6. In this recession economy, what are some ways brides can still look chic for less?
Shop online! There are so many great deals online! You can find items you see in the major department stores for much cheaper if you do searches online. Also buy chic and timeless pieces and not pieces that are so trendy you can't wear once the season is over.

7. Is there anything else you'd like readers to know?
**Surprise for You** We are offering all readers of So about what I said 15% off all orders over $100 until October 31st if they use code WDS15 OFF


1 comment:

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin