Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mad Men.

Confession: I'm in love with Mad Men, the AMC hit set in the 1960's about a group of Madison Avenue advertising executives. The show returns for its fourth season this Sunday, and I'm simply ecstatic. The show is the perfect blend of drama (hello, secret baby and even more secret affairs!) and a perfect snapshop of 1960's culture (hello, old-fashioned typewriters and the begining of the Women's Liberation Movement!).

Do you watch it, friends? Anyone having a Mad Men party like they're doing in Times Square? You're supposed to come dressed in your swankiest '60's attire for costume and trivia contests! How fun! xoxo

P.S. Who's your favorite character? I've always been a Peggy Olson girl myself!

P.P.S. Read past posts for proof of my Mad Men obsession here + here + here + here

11 comments:

Mary said...

I will admit that season 2 had me a little down for a while, but last season was fabulous! I am totally hooked now. Peggy is awesome, and I love Joan too - the women are fascinating. No parties, but I will definitely be watching!

Erin Elizabeth said...

I knew you were a Peggy, just from reading your blog! :)

I'm a bit of a Joan, I think. Minus the douchey husband. She's my favourite.

Cat said...

I have yet to watch this show but I really, really keep meaning too! It sounds so very intriguing :)

xo Cat

Lady Grey said...

Peggy's my favorite too! I absolutely can't wait for season 4!
oxo

Melissa Blake said...

Yes! Joanie needs ro leave that guy! Maybe she will this season!

MIDWEST MAMA said...

Melissa, You are SOO speaking my lingo here. I am very smitten by my Madmen.
I am more like the dopey telephone operator woman that runs over the new guys foot with a lawn mower than anyone else--but I would love to be Betty. She is devine.
I plan to pour myself a cocktail and light up a smoke come Sunday night!!

Associate Girl said...

I love all the characters because each one is flawed, just like real humans!

Toutou Ly said...

I've been meaning to watch this show for a long time! I'm going into Advertising as a major at my university. I was wondering if the show executes what an ad firm does in real life?

My Name is A. said...

I have been dying to see an episode of this show after watching the cast in an Oprah interview lol. I never seem to catch it on tv though!

http://lifeinscribblez.blogspot.com/

Melissa Blake said...

It starts this Sunday on AMC!!! :)

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I can't wait for tomorrow's season premiere! It's tough to pick a fave character, but I think it might be Joan. I hope she puts that husband of hers in his place this season.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin