Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Rainbow.

I wrote this about my recent struggle with depression. Depression is a scary beast. It can take on a life of its own, and before you know it, you find yourself sinking. I don't want that to happen to me, so I wrote this to motivate myself. I suppose it could also be interpreted as a song about a romantic relationship too. What do you think, friends? xoxo
I can feel myself sinking now under the tide of your illusion
You want me to fall, but they'll be no bruises
Not on this heart, no
I'll keep holding tight to the ground I'm standing on
You can try to pull, but I won't fall down

I've suffered, I've wondered and there were days I thought I'd never recover
So let the rain pour down on me, 'cause when the sun comes around I'll see
That beautiful rainbow
That magical rainbow
That shining rainbow

It's like I just woke up for the first time
Seeing all the colors multiply
Like a rainbow across the sky
And I know I don't have to be afraid
'Cause nothing is ever going to be the same

I've suffered, I've wondered and there were days I thought I'd never recover
So let the rain pour down on me, 'cause when the sun comes around I'll see
That beautiful rainbow
That magical rainbow
That shining rainbow

So go ahead, try to get me to surrender
You'll see I'm stronger than before
Stronger than before, stronger than before
The tides have turned, I've never seen the skies so blue
And I've learned it's time for my day in the sun

I've suffered, I've wondered and there were days I thought I'd never recover
So let the rain pour down on me, 'cause when the sun comes around I'll see
That beautiful rainbow
That magical rainbow
That shining rainbow

I've suffered, I've wondered and there were days I thought I'd never recover
So let the rain pour down on me, 'cause when the sun comes around I'll see
That beautiful rainbow
That magical rainbow
That shining rainbow


(Photo via dreaming)

8 comments:

  1. I love this... Depression affects all of us and how we overcome it is truly a testament.. it's not easy that's for sure
    sending loads of love to you and thanks for the inspiration
    xox tash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Melissa, it's beautiful! I love that you do this to motivate yourself. Keep it up, I want you to be a happy Melissa!

    PS - I won a giveaway on your blog now it's your chance to win one on mine! Come check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Melissa! I was attracted to it at first because it was about rainbows and I have loved them since I was a little girl...there really is something beautiful, magical and shining about them that brings new hope! Love how open and honest you are...it is a lovely quality with which you possess!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful - depression is something I think we all confront in some way or form (even if not within ourselves, with those in our circle). A very difficult, but universal, challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Melissa I hope hope you find your rainbow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds very motivating! Love the imagery.

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin