Monday, May 09, 2011

The List: 5 Reasons To Love Mondays.

I thought we'd change things up a bit this week with a fun series - 5 lists in 5 days! Now, I must admit, I'm not the one who came up with this glorious idea. I did have a little help, thanks to my mom. "Oh, it'll be fun!" she told me over the weekend. She's usually right, so who was I to argue?

Let's kick off the week with a lovely list of reasons to adore Monday - a day usually met with dread, grumpiness and perhaps even a few choice words.
*You don't have to feel guilty for popping open that can of Diet Coke before 10 a.m.

*You can sing your Monday blues away thanks to some catchy Monday songs - Monday, Monday or Manic Monday, anyone?

*Two words: Hugh Laurie. Need I say more?

*If you're like my family, you find yourself in a state of frenzied cleaning over the weekend in an effort to make your house resemble those on House Hunters. On Monday, you have the pleasure of coming home to a clean and clutter-free house.

*There are only 4 more days until your absolute favorite day of the week - Friday


So tell me, friends, why do you love Mondays? Post a list of your own! xoxo

[Photo via We Heart It]

9 comments:

  1. I love Monday's because it feels like a fresh start to a new week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diet Coke sounds great right now! BUT I am thinking more about drinking some OJ because I feel like I'm getting sick.

    Mondays, are great because I belong to Daily Mile and there's a 0 miles at the beginning of the week, but if you workout Monday, then they're GONE and you've started the week fantastically!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for Mondays because the weekends are kind of like a free for all, around here.. we wake up whenever, eat whenever, etc. It makes me nervous. I like schedules. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mondays because it signifies a new beginning- even if it's just the beginning of a week! It seems like a fresh start.

    Plus, I get to turn to a new page on my planner and take in the blank boxes before they get filled up with appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mondays because it keeps me moving forward and not lingering in the past. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol agreed...fridays are the best days ever

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same as you, Hugh Laurie. We don't keep up with a lot of TV shows, but we ALWAYS watch House. It's the first thing my husband asks when he gets home on Monday evenings, "New House tonight?"

    Also, if all gets sorted out by then, Monday Night Football! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Mondays because it keeps me moving forward and not lingering in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your post melissa, Those are a really good reasons. Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin