Thursday, September 15, 2011

PB&J cookies

Every year when I go back to work, I make a vow: I'm going to save money by packing a lunch. That usually lasts about two weeks, and before I know it, I'm sneaking off to the cafeteria, tired of the boring sandwich, chips and veggies I usually take. Maybe I should add a little spice (figuratively...!) to my brown-bag routine. These PB&J cookies seem like a good place to start -- the perfect twist on the traditional peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Don't they look delicious? Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches the world over better step up their game! :)

I'm curious, friends: What's your lunch routine at work? Do you bring a lunch from home or buy one?

11 comments:

  1. Now this is something I need to make immediately - I LOVE PB&J! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy one and then wonder why I'm broke at the end of each month. Chipotle is my ultimate downfall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work near my house so i'm coming home for lunch. These cookies look so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies look so good, peanut butter is the great invention.

    I usually buy pre-made salad's from Walmart and bring them to work. they cost $3.00, so it's cheaper then going to the cafeteria. Just one sandwich cost $5.00.

    http://lovesmodesty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. PB&J is seriously one of my favorite foods - I know I'm a weirdo. These literally made me drool. I need to bake them immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. michelle, pb&j is awesome! i had one for lunch yesterday...totally reminded me of childhood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What?! Oh, Melissa I am so in love with these! They are just absolutely fun and they look sooo good! Definitely going to make them so I can impress all my friends. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually grab a Lean Cuisine, or my Mom makes me lunch (yesss I know I'm way too old for that but she's sweet.) Oh man, I haven't had a peanut butter and jelly in forever. Actually I always preferred just peanut butter. I think I ate a peanut butter sandwich for lunch for like, 12 years straight (This includes college years!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shani, i should try taking a salad! good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anon, that has to be some kind of record! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always take my own for dinner [apart from when I work on a Saturday and then I treat myself]. Saying that i'm very bored of the same old sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin