Friday, February 10, 2012

Have a romantic weekend

Happy Friday, friends! Is it just me, or has it been one busy week? Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? Any romantic plans for Valentine's Day? I've got a pretty low-key weekend ahead of me, but honestly, I think those are the best kind. Thanks to everyone who's submitted a 100-word love story -- they are all so beautiful. Look for more next week, but in the meantime, here are my favorite finds from the wonderful Web...

Historical figures get modern-day makeover!

Awww, a sweet birthday tribute.

Genius: Metallic stones.

Vintage Swedish charts.

Don't these homemade oreos look delicious?

I'm so jealous of Tiffany's adventures in Scotland!

Great advice to a 7-year-old that we all should live by.

Be present.

These suspicious quotation marks are hilarious!

America's most romantic hotels.

Are you afraid of change?

Genius: Valentine's Day handwritten cupcakes!

Served with love.

Adorable cats doing yoga.

Kid-In, a new online magazine, focuses on the subject of childhood.

A funny explanation of social media.

A breezy outdoor wedding -- perfect for spring!

Stitched letters = AMAZING!

These huge beds look so comfy, don't they?

Was James Dean ever not cool?

[Photo via Bippity Boppity Boo]

21 comments:

Girlie Blogger said...

I enjoy low key weekends my self. Low key is actually the epitome of Seattle lifestyle.

Hope you enjoy the weekend.

Girlie Blog Seattle - Beauty Tips, Makeup How To, Seattle Lifestyle

Ylenia said...

why waiting for Tuesday to celebrate? let's start on the weekend to be romantic, sweet and lovely to our half.
don't you think?

Love, Ylenia | Longuette
Check on my interview to a Plus size model on my blog! I’d love your comment!

ivy's closet said...

Such fun links! I hope you have a sweet weekend. We have lots of snow here. Its very cold in the mid-west. I think Valentines day will mean staying in and watching some fun movies. But then Of course, there is GLEE to watch. Sam Larson who won the Glee Project is suppose to be on the "heart" episode, I hear.

ellie said...

Love your banner. Wow, I may have to try the Oreos...

Thanks so much for the note.

ElsaD said...

Have a great weekend u too guys! I'm actually beyond excited as my boyfriend is visiting me all the way from Bonn (Germany) -I live in Miami, FL. I'm picking him up at the airport in 4 hours! :D I might work on the 100-word love story project to share my dream-come-true with u guys! Much Love!

Haute Eyes said...

I love your blog!! Im officially following you! Thanks for all the links! Have a great weekend! Would love for you to check out my blog and tell me what you think of my recent posts! Follow me, I follow you?!

xx
Caitlin
http://hauteeyes.com

Fashion-isha said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
xo
Sharon

Much to My Delight said...

Thanks so much for linking to my post, Melissa! Can't wait to check out all the other links. Have a lovely weekend:) Jenn

Taylor said...

cute post!! hope you come and enter my giveaway! http://www.anticipationblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-memories-giveaway.html

Lori said...

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE your links. thank you for sharing them.. that wedding is gorgeous :)

new follower, please stop on by:
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

Nordiska Style said...

Many thanks for your link, Melissa! I just discovered your blog and I love it!!! Have a lovely weekend!

http://nordiskastyle.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

Yay for low-key weekends! Thanks for commenting on my blog; it led me to yours. :)

hello, Friday said...

I'm so loving the stitched letters!! xoxo
http://www.hellohellofriday.com/

Rachael said...

We're behind the times and celebrating V Day next Friday!! We rip the book of love up and mess it around hahaha. Have a great weekend Melissa!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Checking out Kid-In right now - it sounds fabulous! Happy, Happy Weekend, Melissa! :)

knack said...

thank you for stopping by Knack! Hope you have a great weekend!

xo,
Barb

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Those homemade Oreos look delicious!

cheap essay papers said...

Very romantic weekend, I also need to have some rest.

Charlotte said...

I hope you had a wonderful weekend.. I went to see the Woman in Black at the cinema, and ate alot of sweets :)

Melissa Blake said...

Ahhh, really, ivy?? Can't wait to see it -- i loved him on the show!

Melissa Blake said...

Elsa, i'd love to hear your story!! Send it any time! xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin