Thursday, March 01, 2012

New TV obsession: Cake Boss

A few weeks ago, I discovered the show Cake Boss, and now I'm officially addicted. Have you seen it, friends? The yummy TLC show follows the hustle and bustle of Carlo's Bakery, a family-owned shop in Hoboken. Not only do they make jaw-droppingly detailed cakes (my favorites include a huge roulette wheel, a Candyland-themed cake and a firehouse cake), but the family -- led by patriarch Buddy -- is just downright hilarious! And the mark of a true artist: Buddy sketches his vision for each cake before he even starts baking...
For the 40th anniversary of Sesame Street...
The Children's Museum of Manhattan requested a cake in honor of Alphie the Dragon, the friendly little guy who helps kids learn the alphabet...
Famed New York candy hot spot Dylan's Candy Bar owner Dylan Lauren enlisted Buddy's expertise in making a cake to celebrate the launch of her board game...
Buddy created this looks-too-real-to-be-a-cake cake for a billiard tournament.

Needless to say, I can't watch it without getting a major flare-up of my sweet tooth. Do you watch Cake Boss? What shows are you watching these days, friends?

[Cake photos via TLC]


  1. I used to live in Hoboken and would walk by Carlo's on my way to work every day! I love it! They make amazing cakes! And Buddy's mom is such a sweet heart! She's always outside the bakery meeting and greeting customers and fans!

  2. I love the show! That guy gets annoyed so easily and that's hilarious :)

  3. Their creations amaze me every single time!! I am happy American Idol is back on. The guys are waaay better than the girls this year I find

  4. I adore this show! It's one of those shows if it's on I have to watch as many episodes as I can. hehe. Buddy also has a cooking show on TLC too you might want to check out!! =)

    Lemanie's Randomness Blog

  5. Hi Melissa

    Even across here across the Atlantic I'm totally fascinated of Cake Boss. It's FAB. I want to work there:)

    Have a nice day.

  6. I have always loved this show! I'm so glad you like it too!

  7. I looove this show... Buddy is the best!

  8. Cake Boss is great! I've been watching DC Cupcakes, too. It's not as much fun as Cake Boss, but I still like it.

  9. I didn't know about Buddy's cooking show...will have to tune in!

    p.s. the next time I go to NYC, Carlo's is going to be my first stop :)

  10. I love watching this show with my dad! We went to Carlo's Bakery (which isn't too far from NYC on a good traffic day) and marveled at the bake shop. We took home some goodies- I love their sugar cookies and tiramisu. Yummmm.

    You should totally go! And get the cookies :)


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin