Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Peek Inside: My flu-fighting survival kit

Please note: I can make no guarantee as to the coherence of this post. My fever was topping out at 100.3 when I wrote it. Oh, and I was coughing like I'd personally endorsed Lucky Strike a la Mad Men...
Ack! The evil flu still has me tightly wrapped in its web, friends. The last few days haven't been pretty. At all. But I have managed to come up with a list of things that have at least made me scream out in agony just a little bit less....
Vicks to get more through those long nights of coughing; Gatorade to make sure I'm keeping up with my fluid intake (the blue flavor is my favorite); Reruns of Glee, even if I can't sing along to the musical numbers; chicken noodle soup because it's the ultimate comfort food; and Kleenex for my ever-running nose!

So, friends, now it's your turn: What makes you feel better when you're sick? A family tradition passed down from generation to generation? A favorite book? A favorite movie? Hope you're staying well this season! xoxo

[Top graphic via Someecards, bottom graphic made by me]

10 comments:

  1. Ack! I hate that stinkin flu! It totally kicked my butt. Oh, and nothing helped that sore throat except lying still and not breathing. I hope you're feeling better. Running noses are horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuck! hope you feel better soon.
    gatorade is the only thing i will drink when i am sick. i know i am supposed to be watering myself with water, but i can never choke it down!
    xx jes

    www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, feel better Melissa! And heck yes, blue Gatorade rocks! Pink is my other favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I hope you're feeling better soon!

    My sickness arsenal is very similar to yours, I can't survive it without the vicks, I love that stuff

    Mal @ The Chic Geek

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noodle soup and lots of TV. : )

    I hope you feel better soon! But enjoy the down time (if you can).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I hope you are feeling better, I have the bug right now too and its a total bummer. {Glee is the absolute best!}
    My cold remedy is Camomile tea with waaayyy too much honey... its wonderful. And a nice long session with Greys Anatomy reruns... xoxo

    Feel Better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been sick in a few years but I'd say camping out in my parents' bed, which is what my Mom always had me do when I stayed home from school. I would cut out all of my paper dolls. I wonder if little girls still play with those? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would camp out in my parents bed as a kid when i was sick :) i'd stay there at night and lay on the couch watching disney classics during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, here is my secret recipe: the canary! Boil 2 cups of water with plenty of lemon peel in it. Boil, boil, boil... until it gets yellow like a canary! Add some honey if you like and sip slowly, while wrapped in heavy blankets, with a magazine nearby.
    Sometimes I add fresh ginger, but just the lemon peel makes the trick! :)

    (and don't you love the name, anyway? hahah)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My grandma used to make me a Hot Toddy when I was sick. Not exactly legal...but it made me feel a LOT better! Honey, (some people use tea, also), lemon, whiskey, all hot and stirry.

    I heard the most effective part of cold medicines is the alcohol because it knocks you out! Bottom's up!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin