Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mad Men wedding

Oh my goodness, can you imagine getting married in the offices of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce? Jason and Taylor dreamed of a classic '60s-style wedding, and with the help of famed wedding planner, David Tutera, the couple celebrated their special day...on the set of Mad Men! "When I saw Jason at the end of the aisle, tears were instantly in my eyes," Taylor says. "Jason and I have been together for 8 years. It was long overdue because I have known that he was “The One” since our first date. David and his team made Jason far more handsome than Donald Draper ever could be. Every tear shed was of pure happiness and love." "Jason and I are big into retro fashion, especially the sixties, so the concept just kinda snowballed from there," Taylor says. "I thought I could make the whiskey and cigar bar have a lounge feel like in Mad Men. I wanted it to feel like the place they take clients for drinks and dinner." Isn't that amazing? You'd really feel like you'd stepped back in time for the day. What television or movie set do you dream of getting married on, friends? xoxo

P.S. Five more Mad Men posts.

P.P.S. And how sweet are these Mad Men-inspired save-the-dates?

 [Photos by Mathieu Photography, via The Wedding Chicks]


  1. I saw this episode when it came out. They also did a photo shoot before the wedding. Such a cute wedding!

  2. oh man that is amazing! i love this show!! mad men has such an awesome vibe what a great inspiration for a wedding!


  3. Melissa -- I'll have to catch the episode when they re-play it!! :)

  4. OMG, I love it! I love the bride's turquoise petticoat paired with the yellow flowers too!

  5. I think it would be awesome to get married on the set of Gilmore Girls....the ceremony in the gazebo and reception at Luke's Diner!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin