Monday, May 14, 2012

Sponsor Spotlight: One Delightful Button

Friends, I recently had the chance to interview the fabulous Katie of One Delightful Button. She opened her shop, which features accessories, bookmarks and magnets, after she discovered a jar of delightful buttons at an antique store in 2009. Read on to learn more about Katie, who lives in Virginia Beach with her husband and new baby! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: One Delightful Button
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
So tell me a bit about you and your shop.
I reside in Virginia Beach with my husband, new baby and pup. Besides making jewelry and accessories from buttons, I love walking, a good cup of coffee and volunteering with Young Life, a Christian ministry working with high school kids. My husband and I also love working on our house together (admittedly, I like coming up with ideas and letting him execute them). I occasionally blog about our house here.

What inspired you to start the shop?
One Delightful Button began in fall 2009 when I found a delightful jar of buttons at an antique store in Norfolk, Virginia. From that jar, I started making earrings, necklaces and anything I could think to make with buttons. In spring 2010, I expanded to fabric buttons and now love using fabrics to make the perfect button.

What's your best piece of advice for people looking for great online shopping deals?
I usually do a Google search before buying something. Sometimes a coupon will pop up. You can also check out Facebook pages and Twitter for any discounts. Of course, another way is blogs that may offer discounts to readers.

In this recession economy, what are some ways people can still look chic for less?
I love having a few splurge accessories that give pops of color to classic outfits. My wardrobe is mostly comprised of basic colors, but adding a pop of color with a fun pair of earrings, headband or belt can change the tone by wearing a different accent piece. This makes it easy to update your outfits inexpensively.

What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
I love the vintage button necklaces. They are a new item I have been working on. I adore vintage buttons and think they look so cute on the gold chain.

*Special offer for all So About What I Said readers: Katie is offering 10% off any item in her shop. Just use discount code melissa at checkout*


  1. Vintage buttons! Is there anything cuter? I don't think so :)

  2. thanks girl for the heads up!!!

    *Much Bliss*
    Erika~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    Stop by and enter~FREE CUSTOM STICKERS GIVEAWAY~ it’s the perfect way to get your ‘brand/blog’ out there!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin