Monday, June 18, 2012

Dream Vacation: 10 awesomely cool pools

Do you go swimming a lot in the summer, friends? Some of my favorite memories took place in the water. Growing up, my sister and I would wait excitedly for my father to get home from work, and then we'd all walk to the local pool. I somehow had a knack for talking my father into staying "just five more minutes," and inevitably, we'd end up walking home complete with pruned fingers and shivering under a towel.

Surprisingly, I haven't been swimming much since my father died, but these 10 fascinating swimming pools sure are tempting, aren't they? The ones above are the world's largest pool in Chile, Devil's pool on Victoria Falls, the hanging pool in Dallas, the world's largest indoor swimming pool in Miyazaki and the blood-red pool on the island of Koh Samui. I can just imagine wading in them all day with an ice-cold root beer... xoxo

P.S. Some new family photos are coming up! :)


  1. Beautiful! They all look amazing!

    I don't swim a whole lot. Even on my last vacation, which had a great chlorine-free pool, I only swam twice. Guess I prefer to stay on land;)

  2. LOVE this post! I was a total water baby. I would prune up and stay in hours more. My mom would have to drag me out or the sun would have to go down.

    I love seeing all of these pools. I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to pools I want to swim in. Adding some of these to the list!

  3. Ah, an entire Pinterest board, Prippy? Off to check it out! :)

  4. That pool above the waterfall is one of the most amazing/terrifying things I've ever seen! I would love to go there!

  5. I love these pools, especially the hanging pool. We just had our pool completely redone. It's now a plain white rectagle with blue tile. The original pool was the shape of a whiskey bottle. Our realtor told us the house used to belong to a hard rock musician. Apparently, several prospective buyers passed because of the shape of the pool. It stuck out like a sore thumb. Seriously. Late last year, we had the pool drained and destroyed. It took weeks to have all the cement carted out of the backyard. In fact, the grass has been slow to grow back. If we hadn't gotten such a good deal on the house, then we would have passed on it too. The whiskey shaped pool was beyond tasteless.

  6. I can only assume it will be no more. Idejni tvorci Pojmovnika, Evropski ekonomski i socijalni komitet (EESC), Savet arhitekata Evrope (ACE) i Evropska platforma za cement (ECP), promovisali su ovu Publikaciju u okviru prošlogodišnje EU Nedelje održive energije. uggs outlet Isn it too hot in LA for those?! Covering up with a black coat, Hilary Duff apparently doesn want us to see what she wearing…but she more than happy to show off the sleek black Chanel Flap purse keeping her shoulder company. Apart from the creative courses, you should also consider taking as many marketing and business courses as possible. ugg slippers Mixing too many different styles.

  7. Indeed, when I visited there last month, a minor quake (4.3 or thereabouts on the Richter scale) took place; everyone seemed to shrug it off as they would a piece of fluff on a dinner jacket.. Can we say, heaven?. Strum he mentions pleased and humbled by the kindness of donors. north face outlet "We can be a wasteful society forever. north face jackets Open snowboard great Tyler Emond..

  8. Regarding the later, results showed that 63% of student who we surveyed do not and have never bought anything second hand, however 37% of students have shopped and continue to shop at the stores aforementioned.. north face The line is heavy on earth tones, which weren't present in the runway show but still make a clear reference to the natural elements that inspired the collection. ugg E a Giorgio Avola, giovane riserva entrata per gli ultimi decisivi assalti e dimostratosi davvero in gran forma e molto determinato. Even though, you may find Sephora in the new, lsquo;square JCP (which, can I just say how much I adore the new JCP? Great prices, easy returns and the MNG by Mango line there is cuttte!)-Sephora still maintains their signature look and beauty assortment.. north face Many men like handbags similar to Louis Vuitton for increasing their qualities in big fashion cities.


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin