Monday, August 20, 2012

Disabilities In The Media: Restaurant owner's secret ingredient? Hugs!

For Albuquerque-based restaurant owner, Tim Harris, the best dishes are served warm -- and with lots of love and hugs. Harris, who has Down syndrome, opened Tim's Place in 2010 with the help of his parents, and since then, the diner has grown to a 20-person staff that includes a manager and a chef. But it's Harris' charm with customers that keeps them coming back.

"People would order a hug," he told PEOPLE. "I'll go to the table, tell them, "Thank you for stopping by, and have a wonderful day."

How refreshing is that? Way to go, Tim! If I'm ever in Albuquerque, save me a table!! xoxo


  1. Aha this is amazing! I bet the tips are massive with hugs on the menu x

  2. Okay that's really cool. When I go to Albuquerque I'm positively going to check it out.

  3. I personally would not like to be hugged by a stranger just after I've eaten, if at all, but with that aside this is definitely a cool (and very original) idea x

  4. Awesome! We need more stories like this.

  5. That's pretty awesome. Very heartwarming.


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin