Monday, June 04, 2012

Sneak peek: Hospital tour photos

If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I had a memory-filled weekend. Chicago's Children's Memorial Hospital will be moving to its new location on June 9. On Saturday, I had the opportunity to take a look around the hospital one last time before it closes its doors. Having had more than 26 surgeries by the time I was 16, it was bittersweet to walk those halls again and have those memories come flooding back. But I'm so excited to share my story and photos from the tour with you, friends. I'll be posting them tomorrow and Wednesday, but in the meantime, here's a photo I snapped as we pulled up to the hospital... Were you ever in the hospital as a child, friends? What memories do you have? xoxo


  1. I've been so fortunate in life to never have had to sleep in a hospital before. I cannot imagine what it would be like as a child. You were one brave little girl- I'm so happy this place holds such memories. I'm sure the staff helped with that.

  2. You're lucky, Tiffany! It wasn't all bad, though, as odd as that sounds. I'm so excited to share my photos! xoxo

  3. I was not a patient in the hospital until I was 36 yrs old. I was in the first time for DVT (Deep vein thrombosis). I was in a couple times after because of the blood thinners due to the DVT. I was also in a few yrs ago in an 8 week period for 3 kidney stone surgeries.
    I have a young niece (she will be 1 on June 14) who was born with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and she has spent more than her fair share of time in the hospital.

  4. Sending good thoughts your way, suburban prep! xoxo

  5. nice posting.. thanks for sharing.


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin