Monday, June 04, 2012

Sponsor Spotlight: August Wrinkle

Today, friends, we get a behind-the-scenes peek into August Wrinkle, the online women's clothing boutique owned by Janalyn. The Hawaiian native, who's always believed in the power of dreams, started her shop last year with a few close friends and family. Read on for more of the story behind August Wrinkle and Janalyn's fashionable advice! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: August Wrinkle
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
So tell me a bit about you and your shop.
August Wrinkle is an online clothing boutique focused on providing women with clothing and accessories that are not only affordable but made for everyday wear. Our style is mainly classy chic, with a mix of indie, vintage and trendy pieces to complement. We are a family company that is mainly run by myself and my husband, so we try to welcome every customer as part of our August Wrinkle family. Our company slogan A Little Boutique in a Big World completely defines who we are, and we hope to evoke a feeling of inspiration to those who visit us on our Web site.

A bit about myself: I am just your average girl living in the Hawaiian Islands. Aside from the business, I work as a freelance makeup artist mainly doing weddings and fashion shoots here in Hawaii, which is what introduced me to the idea of owning my own online boutique. My main passions in life are my family and my business. I am a huge bookworm, an indie music junkie and an animal lover. And of course, I love shopping!

What inspired you to start the shop?
I've had this dream since I was a little girl to one day own my own business, preferably a clothing store. I've always had the attitude to do what you want, instead of doing things just to make other people happy. Living on a budget my entire life, I would never shop at designer stores, and I always found a way to replicate the outfits I saw on television and in magazines without having to spend thousands of dollars. Since college was not the right fit for me, I dropped out my junior year and got started on my business plan. Within that same year, August Wrinkle was born! I always tell people to just do it! If you have a dream and you want something badly enough, you will find a way to make it happen.
What's your best piece of advice for people looking for great online shopping deals?
My best piece of advice is to do your research before buying. If you feel like the price is too high on an item, search for discount codes or sign up for newsletters. There is bound to be a discount code floating around out there, and most companies will offer promotional sales to their newsletter subscribers. It may take a bit of effort, but if you are living on a budget, those few extra dollars you save will add up in the long run.
In this recession economy, what are some ways people can still look chic for less?
There is always a way for looking chic on the cheap! I've done it my entire life! At least I hope I looked chic... In most cases, the outfits you see on celebrities and in magazines can easily be replicated. It may not be a perfect match, but people will never know that you only spent $50 on an entire outfit. Solid colored blouses and bottoms that can mix and match are a must-have. These will work with any outfit at any time during the year. For trendier looks and prints, go cheap. Most likely, trends will only last for one season, and then it's on to the next one. You want items that are timeless and can be used in multiple ways. Accessorizing an outfit is also a must because accessories can really enhance a look. Whether its a cute belt, a scarf or a piece of jewelry, every little detail can make all the difference. The only items I would really invest in are a good pair of jeans and comfortable shoes.
What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
Oh gosh, this is a hard one. Right now, I'm loving the coral and turquoise color combo. It's so perfect for spring or summer, and it's so fun and happy! I'm also loving navy blazers because they are so classic and chic. Asymmetrical hemlines is also one that I'm loving at the moment. It's so different, and it adds an unexpected elegance to any dress, skirt or blouse. Lastly, I'm also loving collared blouses. They add sophistication to any outfit and can easily be worn from work into happy hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin