Monday, July 23, 2012

Etsy Love: Brass animal figurines

Lions and tigers and bears...oh my! My heart did a little happy dance when I came across Etsy shop BeautifulLine, which features these gorgeous vintage brass figurines. Wouldn't they look great resting on a bookshelf or hanging out on a mantle? xoxo


  1. Hi Melissa,

    I discovered you blog early this morning and I haven't stopped reading. I am hooked on your optimism and humor. Your Mr. Melissa Blake may not come anytime soon, but he will. You can count on it. I can tell you from my experience as a PWD. I can walk but not long distances and have to use a scooter most of the time. My husband left because he didn't want to be stuck with what he called a cripple. He said he didn't want to ruin or waste his life taking care of me. In the divorce they counted my settlement from the accident as assets so I didn't get any of the property we aquired together. I had to move back in with my parents. The hardest thing I had to do was forgive my ex. But I did. I don't think I can grow as a person if I held onto a grudge. But it still makes me angry sometimes. Like you, I know there is someone who will find me beautiful the way I am now not how I used to be. It will just take longer. I do believe somewhere there are good caring people who see the person and not the disability but for me looking to start my life over, I have not found someone to even talk to yet, except some weird fetish person that just scared me LOL! Keep up the good work.

  2. love love the dog and the camel! these are great. they'd go nicely on our mantel. thanks for sharing!

  3. Dahlia -- First, thank you SO much for your kind words. they mean so much to me, and i'm glsd you're enjoying my blog. i'm also glad you were able to let go of the anger, but i'm sorry you had to go through such a painful divorce.

    i know we'll find our mr. rights someday! have faith! xoxo

    p.s. i'm actually in the process of planning a series on my blog where i interview people with disabilities about their daily lives. i'd loooove to email you. Email me if you're interested --

  4. They have limited styles, especially if these Leather shoulder messenger bags are for corporate look. These Handbag detachable shoulder strap do not have loud colors.

  5. very good advice... i'm still trying to figure out where my blog is going... for now it's just my life in some serious and lighthearted posts, but i'm beginning to play with posting my home improvements (i am no yankee workshop unfortunately!) and a bit of my crochet... a real passion for me. you're a journalist... sometimes i wish this kind of writting came more natural to me..


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin