Friday, July 20, 2012

Have a sunny weekend

Happy Friday, friends! What are you doing this weekend? We might be getting together with some family friends, and, if the temperature cooperates, I'd love to spend some time outside. There's nothing like a walk in the summer sunshine, is there? Have a fun weekend, and here are my favorite finds from the wonderful Web...

Seven words you're probably misusing.

The ever-gorgeous Mila Kunis.

Love Honest Toddler? Check out the 50 greatest Tweets. And there's a blog too!

Pool time!

I love this New York photo diary.

Writer Sarah Bernhardson is going to start writing letters to her young sons that they can open when they become parents. So sweet...

Falling leaves typography.

The world's most bizarre hotels. One hotel has a life-size hamster wheel!

Is this the future of Internet commenting?

Congrats to Marissa Mayer, the new CEO of Yahoo!

A story of a lost engagement ring with a happy ending...

And a sweet marriage proposal.

Here's a great newsworthy round-up of dinner conversation topics. Can you pretty, pretty please make this a regular feature, Tiffany? :)

Bob Dylan's new album comes out in September. Are you a fan?

The first photo ever uploaded to the Internet turns 20.

What a beautiful string garden.

Why it's cool to be a girl, according to an 8-year-old.

Wevther gives you the weather forecast and wardrobe suggestions. How cool is that?

Genius: Musical glasses.

I love Tiffany's new Dinner Party Conversations series, don't you?
And as always, feel free to connect with me on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook. See you there, friends! xoxo

P.S. My thoughts are with those in Colorado following the theater shooting.

[Photos via bippity boppity boo]


  1. hi melissa! spending some time with family friends sounds amazing. i hope you have a wonderful weekend! :D

    <3, Mimi

  2. So, I'm going through my Google reader and saw you posted. I thought, "I'm so grateful for Melissa and her friendship and all she represents. I want to just stop by and tell her how much I love her." And then I'm reading this post and getting all misty eyed. Thank you so much. You're a good friend.

  3. Great links, Melissa! The photo diary is beautiful, the leave typography is extremely cool and that little 8 year old totally called it! :)

  4. Tiffany -- YOU are amazzzzing!!! I'm so glad we've become such great blog friends. I'm so thankful for it! xoxo

  5. that internet commenting article was interesting! but you'd still be surprised at all the crazy comments that people post from their actual facebook account, yikes. and the real losers will pry make fake fb's. ahwell...

  6. Hey Melissa - thanks for linking to my NYC photo diary over at Kitsunetsuki, glad you like it! x

  7. You can just wear a simple dress and your Black chain strap bag can compliment your outfit. Women who wear Black Leather Boston bag can sometimes look great.

  8. ove love the dog and the camel! these are great. they'd go nicely on our mantel. thanks for sharing!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin