Friday, July 06, 2012

Sponsor Spotlight: Cutting Edge Stencils

Today, friends, I'm excited to share my interview with Janna, the driving force behind Cutting Edge Stencils. She lets her art background shine through in everything she does, and now, with her husband and business partner, Greg, gets to use her love of patterns daily. Read on for her tips on DIY home decor projects and the inside scoop on her favorite item in the couple's shop! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Cutting Edge Stencils
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
So tell me a bit about yourself and your shop...
I used to run my own decorative art business before joining forces with my husband and business partner Greg Swisher. I have my Master's degree in zoology and botany, which has been a great help when it comes to designing animal and plant stencils. I have a love for pattern and ornament and have studied both graphic design and fine art. Together, Greg and I have a common goal: To produce the best stencils available today to give you the cutting edge.

What inspired you to start the shop?
One of my customers who purchased our stencils once said, "Why don't you open an Etsy shop?" I didn't even know what Etsy was at the time. I looked it up and totally loved the vibe! So artsy and so cool! I opened the shop the same day and have been selling ever since.

What's your best piece of advice for people looking for great online shopping deals?
There are lots of ways to get great online deals. We let our customers know about sales through our newsletter, Facebook and Twitter pages, so always be sure to follow a company on Facebook and Twitter and sign up for their newsletter to get the best deals and special offers.

In this recession economy, what are some ways people can still look chic for less?
The do-it-yourself movement has really blossomed during the recession, and I think it is great! I think that taking on your own home décor projects not only can save you lots of money, but is also very creative and empowering. There are so many great blogs out there showing really amazing and chic DIY projects so that people can get the most trendy looks for much less. Stencils definitely fits into this category, and we really try to give our customers the confidence and knowledge to take on their own décor projects so that they don’t have to spend tons of money to get the look they want.
What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
I certainly have some favorite designs that are just a pleasure to make. Funky Wheel is one of them. It just looks so cool! My love is more the designing aspect. It’s very exciting to take what inspires me and turn it into a tool that I can share with others. Whether it’s a flower, an ornament or an interesting pattern.


  1. Great interview darling, very insightful! And I love the ideas! Have an awesome weekend! Besos!

  2. I love that funky wheel too! What a great way to encourage people to make their spaces their own. Between these stencils and the wall art I already have, my space is set.


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin