Monday, August 27, 2012

My 100-Word School Story: On the power of a good book

For me, school was all about reading. It was there, sitting crossed-legged on the hard, itchy, brown carpet of Reading Corner that sparked my interest and amazement of how the written word could create amazing worlds. Storming through the curriculum books, teachers left me to my own devices. By age 11, I'd swam in lakes and ventured with Swallows and Amazons, and I walked the streets of Victorian London in Oliver Twist. Later, Shakespeare and Steinbeck created my adventures. Those tales and authors were the interest and the footing I needed to fall in love with books.

--By Rachael from LOTS

P.S. There's still time to send me your story! :)


  1. Loved your story, Rachael. Brought back lots of carpet-square memories of my own! :)

  2. I used to spend hours at the library reading and meticulously choosing books to check out! xoxo

  3. Thanks for featuring me Melissa!

  4. It was my pleasure, Rachael!! xoxo


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin