Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fall Favorite #3: Bold red lips

I've always loved pops of color -- you know, colors of the bright and neon variety. But this year, it looks like lips are going through their angsty teenage years, with decidedly moody hues. Think deep! Think dark! Think a bit mysterious! Think sultry and dramatic!

But bold? Of course, according to Allure magazine. In fact, some shades are even so dark that they border on a black, near-vampy hue. And, the lip trick is so popular that it's even inspired its own love letter! I don't think I'd be so bold (pun intended...) as to try out the vampire look, but I love the idea that lips don't have to be bright to be bold. Maybe I should take a walk on the wild side with this rouge cream lipstick from Sephora? Think it would be too bright with my red hair?

Are you a fan of the bold look, friends? Do you dress up your lips or keep them plain and simple? xoxo

P.S. Also trending: Red lips + red dress.

P.P.S. A new Open Letter is coming your way shortly! :)

[Photo via Southern Charm]


  1. I would love to see you trying out some of these trends for yourself--any chance we'll get to see you in some fall fashions? Deep burgundy lipstick looks great on redheads! :)

  2. I do like the sound of this bold color! I'm going to give it a try :)

  3. Hmmm, perhaps a video blog might be in order. :) Thanks, Anna!

  4. rouge cream and red hair?! YES!!

  5. I love the bold, red lip on so many, but for me, it just doesn't, I'll admire it on others! :)

  6. When it comes to lips, I'm the most boring girl on Earth–I've literally been using the same lip balm (I have a half dozen tins between my purses, nightstand and the bathroom) since high school!

  7. I love the red dress red lips trend!

  8. I'm not a fan of "bold" lips on myself--simply because, I can't pull it off! Some can--all the power {& a little of my jealousy:) to them!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin