Monday, September 10, 2012

Sneak Peek: A blog redesign is coming!

For the last few weeks, I've been working hard on settling into my new work routine (hello, new co-workers!) and brainstorming ideas of where I want So About What I Said to go now that I'm taking things full-time. So, I made this list today. It's sort of a long-term vision I have for where the blog is going and the fun, exciting things ahead. I'm so excited to roll out some new features in the coming weeks and months -- features that, of course, I'll want you to be a part of -- in addition to regular favorites like Letters To My Future Husband, Love Lounge and MEMO TO MEN.
Also, even though I just redesigned my blog at the beginning of the year, I'm working on a new design -- one that is crisp, clean and modern and will reflect this new chapter in my career as a blogger. Using my mad sketching skills, I made like Mike Brady (and if you are scratching your head over that reference, you should be ashamed of yourself...) and drew up these plans for a new look. Think a fresh, clean look. Think drop-down menus with key links under the header. Think a more professional feel to the blog overall.

This is where I need your help, friends. I've loved getting to know you over the years, which is why it's so important to me that you're involved in this redesign process. Things are still in the early stages, but to start things off, I'd love to know your thoughts on some questions...

*What do you look for in a blog layout?

*What sorts of layouts catch your eye?

*What is the #1 thing that turns you off regarding a blog's design?

I've also created a Blog Redesign board on Pinterest, where I'll be gathering inspiration/ideas/design love. Feel free to check it out if you'd like! I'm excited, friends, to say the least, and am even more excited to have you involved! More to come, so stay tuned! xoxo


  1. I laughed out loud at the mike brady reference! good luck with the redesign. :]

  2. Ha! Thanks, Hollie -- gotta love '70s TV! :)

  3. Yay...gotta love your ideas and vision! Take your time and enjoy the process! XOXO

  4. Thanks great news, I'm sure it will be fantastic. I personally like big images. If I could afford the time and money I would also redesign a new layout for mine, and revamp the content.

  5. One bit of advice I would give you is that when you link to something outside of your site, have the link open in a new window. Otherwise you lead people away from your site. It's annoying to constantly click back.

  6. Great idea, Anon -- I was actually trying to figure that out. Do you know how to do it?

  7. Melissa, I love getting a peek at your redesign! As for opening links in a new page, just imbed:

    target="_blank" between the quotation mark that ends a web address and before the carrot!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin