Monday, September 24, 2012

Sponsor Spotlight: Nite Owl Studio

I recently interviewed Vicki of Nite Owl Studio, her awesome shop full of unique and affordable invitations and ensembles. Her cards, which come in beautiful designs, cover just about every occasion you can imagine, from anniversaries to engagements announcements to graduations to Sweet 16 celebrations. Read on to find out what Vicki does when she's not working on designs and get a sneak peek of one of her latest winter wedding designs! xoxo
Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Nite Owl Studio
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

So tell me a bit about yourself and your shop...
My name is Vicki. I live on the east coast of Canada with my husband and two cats, Scarlet and Cletis. I have a graphic design business called Nite Owl Studio Inc. that I started in 2010. I specialize in special occasion stationery and ensembles for weddings, anniversaries, Quinceanera, Bat Mitzvah, showers and birthdays. Lately, I've also expanded my designs onto electronics cases, sleeves, bags and skins. There is also a wide variety of wedding favors and home decor items. When I'm not working on designs for the store or working with clients on custom orders, I enjoy photography, reading, hand crafts and traveling.
What's your best piece of advice for people looking for great online shopping deals?
There was a time a few years ago when I spent much more time shopping online than I do now. I was able to find some really amazing deals on Sears Outlet, and other big name stores that have clearance sections like JCP, Macy's, etc. Overstock is another site that has lower prices, and with most stores, signing up for email alerts will also bring great deals right to your inbox. I like TigerDirect for computer items, and Amazon is a great source too. The deals are there. You just have to look for them, and since I hate busy malls, I'm happy doing my hunting online. This past February, I was able to find a gorgeous jewelry set for my mom's 70th birthday.
What's your favorite item in your shop and why?
It's hard for me to pick one favorite item from my store. I put so much of my heart into each one, and there is such a variety of product types that it's hard to pick just one.
Zazzle has partnered with American Mojo to make gorgeous jumbo throw pillows that are made of 100% grade A woven cotton and are produced by sustainably employed single moms in the USA; this initiative will help break the cycle of poverty for single moms and their children. I like the quality of the pillows. They are something I would want in my home, and I like that my purchase is doing something to help locally. I made this pillow recently, and it makes a statement that I try to live on a daily basis.
I also really love making pretty things. I like to think of them as "girly glam" or "girly chic." With wedding stationery, often the high-end invitations are just way, way too expensive for a couple of average means. I try to give the high-end look without the high-end cost. Happily, my designs have been very well received. This is one of my latest winter wedding designs that incorporates images of glitter and ribbon without the mess of having to deal with glitter on everything, or the hassle of tying ribbons onto all your invitations, which will never look as good as they do in the photos online. People seem to like that they can get all the matching items in the same design -- the invitations, envelopes, postage, envelope seals, menus, place cards, table numbers, wedding programs and favors. We are always adding new products too!


  1. i want that pillow, it doesn't have much details but its very chic!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin