Thursday, September 06, 2012

What are your favorite fall fashion trends?

Although the temps have been pretty high this week (it was in the upper 80s yesterday!), it hit me over the weekend: Fall is coming! Before we know it, the leaves will be falling and the night air will be crisp and cool. Another sign of the changing seasons? Fall fashion trends! They're popping up everywhere right now -- on the red carpet, in stores, all around the blogosphere. And even though it's almost time for me to say goodbye to my beloved polo shirts for another year, I'm excited to see what's hot and hip in all things autumnal this year.
That's where you come in, friends. I had so much fun putting together last year's Fall Favorites series, so I'm pumped for this year's series (heads-up: it starts next week!) -- but with a cool twist I alluded to on Facebook on Tuesday. I thought it would be fun to change things up a bit this year and make Fall Favorites Week here on the blog a bit more interactive.

So...I'd love to know: What trends are you psyched about this year? What's caught your eye so far? Let me know your favorite picks in the comments or on Facebook or on Twitter. And if you're feeling extra bold? Send your photo with a short description (mellow1422 at aol) -- I'd love to feature you sporting your favorite fall frocks!

P.S. Remember polka dots, scarves and long skirts from last year?

[Photos by The Sartorialist]


  1. Upper 80s? I don't think it got that hot here all summer. This morning it was mid 40s as I biked to the pool this morning at 6:11 AM. It might get up to 54 if we're lucky.

    I was excited for fall this year, it's my favourite, but it seems as if I might get gypped on it. Summer never really came and we're expecting a long winter. I'm a total fall girl, though. And any day that resembles it will have me out in the leaves laughing with my clients.

  2. By the way - definitely love the trenchcoat in the second photograph. I would certainly wear that in a heartbeat if I found anything resembling it in a thrift shop... and if I didn't have to bike down a muddy hill to get to work each day. I think that would shred it. But, oh goodness, thanks for showing it to me.

  3. Where do you live, Magi? That coat is pretty cool....i loved the plaids in the first photo!

  4. I live in Haines. Haines, Alaska. Home of the... um... well... we've got bears and the largest bald eagle population in the world. That's about it.

    Mmmm. Plaids and paisleys are my favourites.

  5. I am utterly rubbish when it comes to keeping up with 'trends,' so I have no idea! Having spent most of my life living in tropical countries, I love the feeling of fall and being bundled up while the air is just a little bit cold.


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin