Monday, October 08, 2012

Dream Home: Expedit bookcases

How could it be that I've never heard of Expedit bookcases? Thanks to Jen of iHeart Organizing, one of my new favorite blogs, I think I may have found the solution to my magazine dilemma. What do you think, friends? The organization awesomeness is almost too much... xoxo

[Via iHeart Organizing]


  1. This is great, thank you for the link! I think bookcases and/or shelves make such a nice focal point (when done right) in almost any room.

  2. we have these! in our TINY apartment, they are great storage. half of the cubbies have baskets inside, half are filled with books/magazines. magazines are in filing boxes, which keep them corralled better than lining them up side-by-side. we also keep knitting materials/tools, electronics cords, extra towels, change jars, etc. in the shelves... best investment ever for the small space! plus, they are so versatile, and can be used in different configurations for different apartments (though i HOPE i'm not moving any time soon!)

    see mine here:


  3. Um. A of all, Anon, that has nothing to do with bookcases. Unless they were on a date at Ikea, in which case, I'm jealous.

    B of all, your boyfriend sounds like a gem. And by gem I mean asshole. Crossing my fingers that you're both infertile.

  4. Yes, bookcases are a must! I really want to refurbish a bookcase & make it my own. & who said there was such thing as too many globes? No one, I hope!

  5. Yes! I love these bookcases! I have two in dark brown - one is my "wine rack" and the other houses magazines, books and my old cameras... And maybe more wine ;)

  6. I love Expedit from IKEA - we have a few of them, one of them since 1997 and I am still so in love with it! xxx

  7. I love these bookcases, especially as you can make it as big or small as you want.

    P.S. I can't see the Anon comment so I assume it must have been deleted, that is Melissa's prerogative. But Kate, wishing infertility on people is nasty stuff. I just found out I can't have children and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Let's not stoop to their level!


  8. All these great stories are making me want to go out and get one NOW!!! Hahahaha!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin