Thursday, December 27, 2012

Behind The Blog: Beyond The Stoop

Blogs, I've learned, are as unique and creative as the people behind them. East coaster Jenn loves beaches, great food and the charm of quaint towns. She and her boyfriend even renovated their Jersey City brownstone and documented the journey on the blog. Read on to learn about Jenn's favorite blog topics and what her blog means to her, and as always, I'd love to feature you and your blog, so feel free to email me (mellow1422 [at] aol)...

Quick facts:
Follow Jenn on Facebook
Get inspired on Pinterest
Tell me about Beyond The Stoop. What's the inspiration behind its launch?
Mr. P and I live very far away from our family, and Mr. P is a very talented cook. We started off with the intentions of being able to show our families a more intimate look at our lives on the East coast, but we liked the idea of doing recipe posts so that others could experience his amazing food, even though they don't get to visit often.

Your blog is like a snapshot of your life. Was that something you intended when you started blogging?
We wanted to show people what our lives are like living on the East coast. Considering we both came to Jersey City from Ohio, life here is quite a bit different! I knew that as I gained readership, many readers would be from the Midwest, the South or other areas that are very different; my blog could be a peek into the real life of a 20-something living near NYC instead of whatever they see on TV.
What have you learned from blogging? What's made it so rewarding for you?
I love it when my friends tell me how much they like the blog. Sometimes it feels like you could be sharing on your blog what you would normally talk about with your friends, but when THEY are the ones bringing up topics I've shared on the blog, it makes me feel good that no part of my friendship is lost because they read the blog.

What are some of your favorite things to blog about and why?
I love to blog about Mr. P's cooking the most. I think that it's knowledge that others can use and benefit from. Most of our friends like food, but don't like to cook, so reading my blog may be the only exposure they have to new recipes. Some people even use the recipes! You can find many of our recipes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin