Friday, December 21, 2012

Have a wonderful weekend

Happy Friday, friends! Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? We're getting down to the wire -- only four more days until Christmas! Can you believe it? Like Caitlin, I still have quite a bit of shopping to do. My mom, sister and I decided not to go all out this year with gifts for each other, but I have some little things in mind for each of them. Also, thanks for all the winter cold remedies! I'll be resting up this weekend, and I hope you all are staying healthy too. Have a holly jolly weekend, and here are my favorite finds from the wonderful Web...
 
Happy birthday, Jane Austen.

Loving this laid-back style.

A great 2012 book round-up.

Feel like jumping? Tiffany wants your photos.

Cesar Kuriyama has set out to document his with the One Second Everyday project -- a one-second snapshop of every day of his life since turning 30. Fun fact: If he lives to 80, he'll have a five-hour video!

Five words: The League of Extraordinary Women.

You can now download all your tweets.

Will you be tracking Santa?

Affordable last-minute shopping guide.

My favorite holiday treat.

How to wear shimmery makeup for the holidays.

The 25 funniest autocorrects of 2012.

How fun would a Candy Land rehearsal dinner be?

These brown butter oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies look delicious.

Living well on a budget.

The best entertainment photography of the year.

Made me laugh.

There's nothing like a new day planner to start the year off right.

I can't wait to see this movie.

Great infographic on the highest-grossing Christmas movies since 1980.

And as always, feel free to connect with me on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook. See you there, friends! xoxo

[Photo via bippity boppity boo]

5 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Great post, Melissa! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas! I enjoyed meeting you this year and although I don't comment a lot, I think your posts are very relevant and interesting. It was so very nice of you to come to my blog so I could follow yours, Wow, over 3000 followers. I can certainly see why you have little time to respond to readers or spend time reading other people's blogs. That said, I have to be blunt and say it's pretty disappointing that you reach out to bloggers who then follow you and then never hear from you personally again, not even a visit or comment to their blog. I say this in a gentle way, in no way to attack you...I love you to pieces! But I do believe blogging is a two way street. You certainly must have a lot to give and say were you to visit some of your follower's blogs.

Best wishes again for a lovely Christmas, sweet lady.

XO,
Jane

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Wonderful list of links!

Have a very merry Christmas:)

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

Melissa Blake said...

Hi Jane -- thanks for the note. It's good to hear from you...i totally get where you're coming from. I usually devote a portion of my day to commenting on other blogs, but a nasty cold has slowed me down this week! But rest assured that once things settled down in the new year, I'll be back to my regular blogging routine!

Hope your holiday is great too! xoxo

Melissa Blake said...

Happy holidays too, blue eyed! :)

Dancing Branflake said...

Thanks for the awesome shout out!!!!

@Blondie's Journal- Melissa does her best to reach out to her readers who comment. I know this from first hand experience.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin