Monday, December 17, 2012

My 100-Word Holiday Story: On a father's love

My Dad was always the last person to finish his Christmas shopping. Because of this, he always gave us the most well-intentioned, yet totally random, gifts. Making Christmas lists for Dad was pointless, as it seems he would use them only as inspiration. The formula went like this: One "techie" gift (Dad was a total computer geek) and some smaller gifts. I would often get a favorite tube of toothpaste wrapped in a pretty box under the tree. I miss my Dad around the holidays. What I wouldn’t give to see one more tube of toothpaste under the tree...

--By Ashley from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine

P.S. What's your holiday memory? I'd love to hear it! Send your 100-word story to mellow1422 [at] aol [dot] com! I look forward to hearing from you! :)

1 comment:

  1. short and sweet, this post says so much. beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin