Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Would You Rather: Spend the holidays close to home or travel?

If you had asked me this question 10 years ago, I would have matter-of-factly said, "I love to travel during the holidays, of course!" After all, I treasured our vacations south of the Mason-Dixon Line, and couldn't think of a better place to spend my Christmases -- and summers! But, we've spent the last few years close to home, and it was surprisingly enjoyable. We enjoyed quality time with each other, and I like to think that I'll look back on these memories in 10 years like I look back at my childhood travels now.

So, it's your turn, you prefer to stay home for the holidays or travel? What did you do this year? Last year? Why do you prefer one over the other? Let's chat! xoxo

P.S. A HUGE holiday giveaway is coming up shortly! :)

[Photo via We Heart It]


  1. I have done both. I have been far away at the holidays and I have been home. I have always been with my family so that is what really counts for me. I guess if I were to say one over the other it would be at home for Christmas and then we could leave the next day. I love the idea of a White Christmas and while at my house it was not snowing at my sister's house 1/2 hour a way (On a good day--15 miles or so) it was snowing quite a bit yesterday. The only part I do not like is the driving in the dark to go home in the snow.
    My husband goes to his mother's place. This is the way we have done it. We figure if we had children it would have been different but this way both my parents are happy and his mother is happy too.

  2. this year we spent our holiday by the coast where i spent all my childhood holidays and it was so lovely. a very different holiday period to what im used to though as this time of year we are normally at home surrounded by all the extended fam. was great though. x

  3. Of my 23 years of life, my fondest Christmas moment was when we left Jamaica to spend it in New York. I was with my mom and bro and it was my 1st visit there, it was splendid.

  4. I see your point. I guess that both options can be equally enjoyable,as long as you are surrounded by people you love. I spent Christmas 2 times on my own, without the family, and I didn't enjoy at all. Muah!

  5. We never had to travel for Christmas when I was growing up. My grandparents live five minutes from my parents. Now that I'm married and live away from home, my husband and I always have to travel. When we lived in Colorado, we'd fly home and spend time at both of our parents' houses. Our family is awesome--they'd both drive halfway just to drop us off with the other set of parents! This year, we didn't travel home to be with family. We are living in Europe now, which is great, but I was so homesick on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I would have given almost anything to be home.


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin