Thursday, January 17, 2013

An Open Letter To Jodie Foster

Dear Ms. Foster:
I considered addressing you as "Jodie," but that just doesn't feel right. In fact, even just typing that didn't feel right. I suppose I should just begin by offering my sincerest congratulations on receiving the Cecil B. DeMille Award at Sunday's Golden Globes. I can't think of a better recipient of a lifetime achievement award -- and what a lifetime you've had.
I've admired you ever since I first saw you wield a field hockey stick as Annabel in Freaky Friday. And through the years, you've managed to stay true to who you are; as I understand it, that's a pretty hard feat in Hollywood. It's so refreshing to see someone who isn't afraid of who they are or what people think. It's so easy to let people's opinions of us lead us down a dangerous path until, well, we don't even know ourselves anymore. But through the years, you've held tight to your sense of self, and for that, I wholeheartedly applaud you. If only we had more young women like that.
Which brings me to your acceptance speech during the Golden Globes. I can only imagine how nervous you were, but it didn't show. You were poised and graceful and confident and articulate. Your declaration was inspiring to watch. Thank you for showing the world that life is meant to be lived as your true self and never hiding that -- from anyone. What a wonderful lesson to teach the next generation. Thank you, Ms. Foster. You certainly are -- and will forever be -- a true legend. xoxo

11 comments:

  1. She is an inspiration! I give her a hell of a lot of credit to show no fear and be her true self! Good for her!!

    Ergo-Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Melissa. Hollywood is such a blackhole for remaining try to ones values and beliefs. It is refreshing to see someone so accomplished was has been able to hold on to their true self. Now if only this could be what people focus on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that! She was incredible. Not even a word to do her justice, but I hope incredible will do.

    Absolutely incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so happy she won. Love her in every movie. And wow. 50?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking for that speech. She is an acting legend and classy lady. Stay true to yourself lady!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here! Here! She's amazing - what a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just watched it and the tears are running down my cheeks as I write this! Thanks for sharing this! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, girlie, right? I couldn't believe she was 50...she's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful tribute to an incredible woman.

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin