Friday, January 11, 2013

Have a great weekend

Happy Friday, friends! What are you doing this weekend? After lots of tests and doctor visits, we found out that the mass in my grandfather's lung is lung cancer. He'll be undergoing radiation to shrink the tumor so he'll be more comfortable, but needless to say, the last week has been hard on all of us; it's a lot to take in. My mom is flying down this weekend to stay with him for a week, and then my aunts and cousins will be rotating going down for a week at a time. I'm sure he'd appreciate your positive thoughts and good vibes. Hope you all have a lovely weekend, and here are my favorite finds from the wonderful Web...
 
Songs inspired by women.

Need blog post ideas? This post is for you.

How many of these classic games did you play when you were a kid?

Love these logos.

Pretty flowers.

10 ways to be happy.

Happy birthday, Alexa!

The official portrait of Duchess Kate is revealed.

Now this is my kind of to-do list (Thanks, Swiss-miss).

What it's really like to undergo gender identity change.

Earth's twin! Maybe...

Four words: Chocolate chip cookie brittle.

How gorgeous are these citrus wedding ideas?

'90s cool-girl beauties.

These crop tops are getting me excited for summer.

Yikes! Good thing I got a flu shot this year!

This year's Miss America pageant features the first autistic contestant.

On solitude.

Puppies + stairs = adorable.

I've had this song on repeat all week long.

Weird News of the Week: Woman plans to eat and drink only Starbucks for a year!

Plus, five cool Pinterest finds...
*Red wedding shoes: Do or don't?
*Remember the joys of swinging as a child?
*The great wild.
*Love this heart sweater.
*Redheads do it best.

Also, don't forget to send me your ideas for my new bio that I'll be unveiling along with the new blog design! And as always, feel free to connect with me on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook. See you there, friends! xoxo

[Photo via bippity boppity boo]

7 comments:

  1. I feel for you, sweetie. My father had lung cancer and surpassed the doctors prognosis of life expectancy.

    Hang in there and have a good weekend.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the bad news. Hopefully the treatment will ease the pain.

    (Love Fun-thanks for the song!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking and praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking and praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your father, Blondie's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandfather starts radiation this week, and we're glad my mom can be there with him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

    Your bio should definitely contain something about wit, hope, and whimsy! I see that and random cuteness on your blog!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin