Thursday, January 24, 2013

Must-watch: Portlandia

Oh my gosh, do you watch Portlandia, friends? The IFC hit was created by and stars SNL veteran Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein, and it takes a satirical look at life in -- you guessed it! -- Portland, Oregon. My sister had been trying to get me to watch it for awhile, and honestly, after I watched a couple of episodes a few months ago, I didn't see what all the hype was about.

Well, when my mom was gone last week, we got into the habit of watching a couple every night, and now? OK, let's just say I get it. We breezed through season two in just a few days, which is a good thing because season three just started! What I love about the show is all the recurring characters that keep popping up (all played by Armisen and Brownstein...) -- everyone from a group of hippies to a couple who will stop at nothing to get their son into the city's most prestigious preschool. My favorite, though, are the owners of a feminist bookstore...

Have you seen the show, friends? Who are your favorite characters? xoxo


  1. I keep seeing on Netflix on the Most Popular...I have to check it out!

    Ergo - Blog

  2. My favorite characters are the Women and Women First booksellers as well because they remind me of a couple of ladies I know from Asheville...

  3. I live in Portland and I've been curious about this show. I just checked out the Feminist Bookstore clip and it was hilarious! I'll have to check out some more :) Thanks for the post!

  4. You definitely have to "get it!" I've had so many friends who like other shows I enjoy, but just can't get into Portlandia.

  5. I have slowly fallen in love with the show, but that again I live in Seattle (love the Seattle cracks they make) and know a ton of people in Portland so it has some frame of reference for me. The opening song from season 1 episode 1, The Dream Of The 90's, is now on my playlist that I listen to when I need some cheering up or a good laugh.

  6. I watched the first three episodes this week, and I just can't get into it! :\

  7. haha, yes- I watch it! And I must say, it's pretty accurate to certain niches of Portland. Not all of Portland, but the very, very stereotypically Portlandy neighborhoods. I like it too because it's really just sketch comedy :)


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin