Monday, January 07, 2013

Sponsor Spotlight: Fibernique

Today, friends, I'm excited to give you a behind-the-scenes peek into the creative mind of Julia, who launched Fibernique just four years ago. She specializes in handmade scarves, purses and jewelry -- everything from felt scarves to ribbon scarves to necklaces to earrings. Read on for her style tips and picks and her favorite item in her shop! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Fibernique
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Get inspired on Pinterest
So tell me about you and your shop. What's the inspiration behind its launch?
My name is Julia Donaldson and I operate Fibernique on Etsy. I specialize in felted scarves, ribbon scarves, fiber jewelry, fabric beads, and a few felted purses. I have been quilting for more than 20 years, though I become too attached to my quilts to sell them. You can see some of my quilts here. I started Fibernique in 2009 after I was laid off from my job and my Mom was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia. I soon found a new job, so for several years, I was balancing my online business, caring for my Mom and working an office job. With the death of my Mom last year, I am back down to two jobs. I am no less busy as I expand the product lines for my online shop.

What are your tips for people looking for great online shopping deals?
When looking for online deals, don’t let price be your main criteria. Look for unique items that reflect the love and passion of the maker and in turn reflects your own personality. Purchasing items to suit your own tastes rather than the current fashion trends can be used for years.

What are some of your winter style tips?
Living in a small fishing village on the Oregon coast means I dress casually in jeans and tops. I dress up these basics with jewelry, scarves and sweaters. I love lacy crochet tops that I can put over tees in the summer and turtlenecks in the winter. Purchasing items that can be used in more than one season means I get to stretch my hard-earned dollars further.
What is your favorite item in your shop and why?I always have my eye on something that I swear I will keep for myself if it doesn’t sell in a timely fashion. Right now that is this necklace! I love the colors since they remind me of the Pacific Northwest as well as the paisley design. It takes traditional elements and gives them a modern spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin