Monday, January 21, 2013

Sponsor Spotlight: Peripeti

One of my favorite things about winter has always been smelling lovely scents wafting through the house. It's one of my favorite childhood memories, so I was so excited to get the chance to chat with Kate of Peripeti. Her line of handmade soy candles, seasonal pieces and limited-edition fragrances look so calming -- and Kate makes each item right in her home! Read on for more of Kate's inspiration and her expert tips! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Peripeti
Browse the Etsy shop
Become a fan on Facebook
So tell me about you and your shop. What's the inspiration behind its launch?
What started as handmade Christmas gifts has turned into a passion. I have worked as a photographer and mixed media artist for the last 10 years and wouldn’t have foreseen my branching off into candle making, but it’s been perfect for me! I honestly enjoy every aspect of candle making and experiment a lot to make sure I still have a great product because you can always grow in any creative venture. I launched my shop this year because I love the idea of home -- a place that is both intimate and friendly, and my work has always been geared toward the home. In that sense, candles are a perfect addition to my art. Every home or gathering is enhanced by the right candle and fragrance, and everyone seems to love to give and get them! My candles are sustainable, eco friendly and a clean burn. I enjoy offering a high-quality product to enhance the home!

What are your tips for people looking for great online shopping deals?
I do love and believe in shopping and supporting local when possible, but I have to admit I also love the option of shopping online; it has the potential to expose so many great and talented artists and crafters. I have found so many amazing artists online and enjoy being able to support them as much as a local shop. The important thing to me is quality and supporting someone who loves what they do. There’s something very satisfying in that to me.

What are some of your favorite things about winter?
I love when the wet snow sticks to the trees; it’s very enchanting. I am a sucker for anything seasonal and really enjoy each season for what it has to offer. Whether itss activities, foods, flavors, scents…I like to enjoy it all and refuse to let winter lose the whimsy it had as a child.
What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
I think I have two. I really enjoy making the novelty candles. I enjoy finding the original containers and offering seasonal fragrances. I enjoy the idea of an original piece finding the “right person” who likes it as much as I do! My first favorite is one of my Depression Glass pieces. I think depression glass is a part of our history and is sentimental to me to begin with, and I’m excited to have some depression glass pieces, but I love the Triangle piece. It’s definitely vintage; I can see it in a living room in the 1930s, but it also has such a modern sensibility to it as well. I also really enjoy my only green depression glass piece. It’s like an old cookie jar, both ornate and quaint, and it just brings a smile to my face. I try to make pieces and fragrances that have character and originality.

**Special offer: Kate is I'm offering 15% off with the code Isaid15 for the next three months!

1 comment:

  1. Those look lovely! I am a sucker for a good candle. Especially in pretty packaging.

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin