Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dance marathons

How intense do these dance marathons look? The object? Be the last couple on the dance floor. Apparently, these competitions gained popularity in the '20s and '30s as a way for people to achieve fame or win prizes. And, I love that they used to call them "dance endurance contests." How long do you think you could keep your dancing shoes on, friends? xoxo

[Via Retronaut]


  1. This is something I seriously feel like I missed out on something awesome!! These photos are priceless!! =) I would sign up any day for something like this!!

    Ergo - Blog

  2. that sounds like so much fun. although i doubt i would make it past 30 minutes :) it makes me tired just thinking about it. i think ill dance around this weekend to see how long before i get tired.

  3. I love these–but I wouldn't last 30 minutes!

  4. I think I read somewhere that a few people died of exhaustion doing this.

    I'm surprised this hasn't been reprised in reality TV form somehow - So you think you can dance...forever!

  5. My undergrad school did something like this to raise money for pediatric AIDS. It's not a partner dance like this, but a 26 hour dance party! Exhausting, but super fun! This year, they raised over $400,000!

  6. There is a great movie about this subject. "They Shoot Horses Don't They?" starring Jane Fonda.

  7. So awesome! I'd totally love to do it!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin