Monday, February 25, 2013

Disabilities In The Media: Superhero window washers

Growing up, one of my least favorite things about being in the hospital was the morning. Nurses checking your vitals. Phlebotomists coming to draw your blood. Doctors making their rounds at 7 a.m. There was a lot going on, and none of it was particularly fun. But, if I had opened my eyes and saw Spider-Man washing the windows next to my hospital bed, I probably would have bolted out of my bed in pure excitement. Patients of Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh were greeted by a fab foursome -- Spider-Man, Superman, Batman and Captain America -- as the capped crusaders inched their way down, spraying and wiping each window pane.

“This isn't about us. This is about them,” said Edward Matuizek, president of Allegheny Window Cleaning Inc., which assembled the superhero team. "It's a nice place to work, but emotionally it's a real tough place to work. You go home and pick your own kids up, and there's a lot of gratitude there.” How sweet is that? These are the kinds of stories that just warm my heart on a Monday... xoxo


  1. these are the kind of people who in their own little ways makes life more bearable. :D Kudos to them! <3

  2. What a sweet story! Even as an adult, it would really make my day to look out the window and see those guys. :)


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin