Monday, February 18, 2013

If you could have dinner with four U.S. presidents...

...who would you choose? Remember when we talked about the six people we'd invite to dinner if we had the chance? Well, in honor of Presidents' Day today, I thought it would be fun to put a patriotic spin on the question. Truth be told, friends, I've always been a bit of a nerd when it comes to presidential trivia (Proof: Did you know that the Baby Ruth candy bar was named after Grover Cleveland's daughter? Or that William Howard Taft had to have a special, larger bathtub installed in the White House?), so it's not really surprising that it didn't take me long to decide who I'd want to break bread with...

*John Adams, who moved into the White House during his presidency.
*Theodore Roosevelt, because I've always been fascinated by his Rough Rider status.
*John F. Kennedy, because he represented a generation of dreamers and revolutionists.
*Richard M. Nixon, because I'd love to get his take on the whole Watergate scandal.

So, friends, now it's your turn: Who makes your list? Why did you choose them? Is there any presidential era that you find particularly exciting? Let's chat! xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Definitely our current President, Bill Clinton, TR (I'm intrigued by him as well) and JFK.

    I've always been a fan of Bill Clinton, but I read his autobiography and it made me like him even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Abraham Lincoln - All of these men had presidencies that shaped this country in profound ways that still impact our government today. And if I could throw in some "just for fun" guests I'd love to have Benjamin Franklin and Alexander Hamilton join the dinner party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps Regan, but still uncertain, though....

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin