Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Johnny Cash postage stamp

How neat is this new Johnny Cash postage stamp? The stamp is part of a new Music Icons series, and its design is meant to look like a 45 rpm record sleeve!
 
What other 'musical icons' would you like to see immortalized in this series, friends? My vote goes to Davy Jones and Freddy Mercury! xoxo
 
P.S. Fun fact: The United States Postal Service receives roughly 40,000 suggestions for stamps every year! Yikes!
 
P.P.S. Remember these Roald Dahl postage stamps and these cute animal stamps?
 

6 comments:

  1. I love this new stamp! I have to go get a book of them!! They HAVE to do a Davey Jones stamp!!!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely Britney Spears.

    No, I'm kidding.

    Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson or Adele, though I don't know if Adele counts because she's not a classic yet, but she's very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these...even Britney, Sabrina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know he's not a musical icon, but my all-time favorite stamp is of James Dean. I even had my dad laminate it for me!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin