Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Must-watch: Downton Abbey

Awhile ago, my friend Grace was telling me about this new show she was watching -- Downton Abbey. She'd tell me how it was so addicting and that I needed to watch it. I could never seem to get around to it, but, thankfully, she kept pestering me. "Have you watched it yet?" she'd ask.

Well, I finally started watching season one last week, and needless to say, I'm already hooked. The PBS period drama centers on the high-society Crawley family and their servants. Things kick off right after the sinking of the Titanic, and it's fun to watch the dynamics between everyone. As the drama unfolds -- and we learn that the family may be forced to hand over the estate to a new heir -- I'm constantly...on..the...edge...of...my...seat. Plus, you know I'm a sucker for a good period drama -- Mad Men, anyone?
Have you seen Downton Abbey, friends? Are you a big fan? I'm almost done with season one, and can't wait to start season two! xoxo

P.S. Which Downton Abbey job is right for you?

P.P.S. Also a must-watch? Portlandia. :)


  1. I have never seen an episode, but I think that has to change. I really am starting to feel like I'm missing out on something really big and awesome!!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

  2. I love Downton Abbey. It's worthwhile watching for the costumes alone!

  3. I feel exactly like Chloe Moon! Enjoy! ;)

  4. This is a very popular show here in the UK - it's literally reached cult status! My cousin actually works at the estate where it is filmed - Highclere Castle - I am so jealous!
    There is another fantastic period drama called Call the Midwife - I hope it comes to you guys soon too - I think it may even be a tiny bit better - if that is at all possible!

  5. Ahhh what is it about Downton Abbey that's causing all the hype? I've never seen it, but my mom just watched the first episode last week. Maybe I should see it to find out what all this hype is about ;)

  6. Downton Abbey is AMAZING!!!!! I've been watching since it first aired here in the US.
    I'm so glad Melissa finally started watching it. Now I'll have even more people to talk to it about!

    Friends don't let friends miss out on excellent TV programs :)

  7. Oh how I adore Downton Abbey–it took me an episode or two to get hooked, but then I couldn't stop!

  8. I've never seen Downton Abbey but people keep saying it is amazing, so I have to watch it. I'm going to get to it, promise.

  9. I'm over the moon obsessed with Downton Abbey. And with Mad Men. They are both so well done. Downton has gotten better with each season, too, so you're in for a treat!

  10. I admit, it took me ages to start watching the series. I think it had a lot of do with the fact that everyone was talking about it and I don't like to be told what to do...
    Watched first episode in November last year and loved it so much I spent all my evenings glued to the screen. :)


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin