Monday, February 18, 2013

My 100-Word Love Story: On the city that won my heart

Loving a city is strange. You love the memories, the friendly faces, the culture.  I lived in Pittsburgh for a year but fell for it harder than for any other city on my map. I love it for the sports-team pride -- the black-and-gold trifecta of Steelers, Penguins and Pirates. And then there’s the lingo -- nowhere else do you hear “yinz” or “n’at. Like any city, Pittsburgh has its special foods -- fries on your salad, perogies covered in butter. I love Pittsburgh for the summers spent at my grandparents’ house, and my adult days living life to its fullest.

--By Melissa from Oh, My Darling


  1. Aw, yay! It was a delightful surprise to see this in my google reader feed today! Thanks so much!

  2. Hooray! From a fellow Pittsburghian, this was a delight to read and gave me a fresh breath of appreciation for my city :)

  3. This was so sweet Melissa! The city of NYC is a little offended, but to each their own...hehe.


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin