Tuesday, February 12, 2013

NYC Diaries: My 100-Word Love Story

I hated Valentine’s Day, but we’d just started dating and wanted to spend time together. I met him in the school library so we could hang out, not expecting his surprise. He’d arranged a desk with romantic gifts: a teddy bear, a box of marshmallow Peeps (my favorite), a rose and a homemade card. I opened the card and saw the words I hadn’t expected: I love you. Then he spoke the words aloud and kissed me. Yes, our first I-love-yous were on the corniest holiday of the year. But it was perfect. And 2 years later, we’re still together.

Read my blog, LIKE me on Facebook and FOLLOW me on Twitter for more!

--By Caitlin from Stream of Caitlinness

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this story. Great name, great spelling (haha!) and lovely story. My husband proposed to me on Valentine's Day. We were mocked for it by a few random people but who gives a shit? It's just a day! :)


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin