Tuesday, February 26, 2013

NYC Diaries: Surfin’ (and Street Lugin’ and Mountain Boardin’ and Cliff Divin’) USA

Last week, I met one of the coolest people on the planet who just so happens to have traveled all over the planet. Kevin Michael Connolly is a photographer, author and professional adventurer who was born without legs and is always ready for the next daredevil challenge life throws his way. I’d read his memoir Double Take years ago, and after hearing about his new show Armed & Ready on the Travel Channel, I asked Kevin if I could interview him for my blog. I honestly didn’t think he would agree to it, but I found myself talking to Kevin at the Travel Channel headquarters in New York the next day during my lunch break.

I’ll admit that I was a nervous wreck, mentally reminding myself not to trip or fall or say anything stupid. But Kevin turned out to be super nice and open to answering all my questions. And the more he told me about his travels during the show, from Hawaii to Tennessee and everywhere in between, the more I felt a sense of wanderlust and wished I could take a few weeks off from work to explore the world.

Although I haven’t done much traveling myself, I feel like I’ve definitely lived through a lot of cool experiences and done things most people wouldn’t even dream they’d be able to do. And that’s what I love about New York. What other city in the world allows you to do everything from partying with Paris Hilton to watching musicals on Broadway to interviewing someone as cool as Kevin Michael Connolly? I’m pretty sure NYC is the most awesome place to live and work in the world. And until I get that month-long travel vacation I’ve always wanted to take, I’m happy knowing that every day is a chance for a new adventure here in the Big Apple.

You can read my full interview with Kevin here. Armed & Ready premieres tonight on the Travel Channel at 10/9c. I’ll be live-tweeting throughout the episode, so be sure to FOLLOW me on Twitter for more!

--By Caitlin from Stream of Caitlinness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin