Thursday, March 07, 2013

First couples on their wedding day

I'm such a presidential-trivia nerd (proof here, here, here, here and here). Well, combine that with my love of weddings, and you can probably guess just how much these "I do" photos of future U.S. presidents and their brides sent my heart into romantic overdrive this morning. Pictured above are...
*George and Martha Washington (January 6th, 1759)
*Grover and Frances Folsom Cleveland (June 2nd, 1886)
*Dwight D. and Mamie Eisenhower (July 1st, 1916)
*Harry S. and Bess Truman (June 28th, 1919)
*Gerald and Betty Ford (October 15th, 1948)
*Ronald and Nancy Reagan (March 4th, 1952)
*John F. and Jackie Kennedy (September 12th, 1953)
*Barack and Michelle Obama (October 3rd, 1992)

Do you have a favorite presidential power couple, friends? xoxo

[Via Huffington Post Weddings]


  1. Oh my how the times have changed!!! =)You can so tell it's george washington in the first portrait!! That's pretty awesome!

    Ergo - Blog

  2. Those are super cool! I love history and old pics...thank you so much for posting them :)

  3. Love, love, love this! John F and Jackie Kennedy's wedding day has always been an inspiration to me!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin