Friday, March 15, 2013

Have a calm weekend

Happy Friday, friends! Are you doing anything fun this weekend? It's been a sad week for my family. My grandfather died last night at the age of 96. It's been a hard day, to say the least. My mom has been in Alabama all week, and I'm glad she was able to be with him and be a source of comfort to him in the end. He lived a full and vibrant life and was the type of person you couldn't help but admire. I miss you already, Gramps! Make sure you hug your loved ones extra tight the next time you see them. I hope you all have a great weekend, and here are my favorite finds from the wonderful Web...
 
Isn't this waterfall braid pretty?

Krystal makes me want to visit a flee market. Who's with me?

Loving this spring-inspired round-up.

Blueberry muffins are my weakness.

A peek at the new season of Mad Men! FINALLY!!

Chandler Bing fashion through the years.

This Japanese company is selling ad space where...?

In honor of Pi Day, vintage pie ads.

Ahh, a coupon-lover's paradise.

These felt donuts are so cute.

Do you believe in ghosts?

My, how the world has changed: St. Peter's Square in 2005 vs. 2013.

Mark Tipple takes underwater photos of people swimming under crashing waves (via Kottke).

Creative uses for clipboards around the house.

What a pretty file folder.

This brave writer took flying lessons even though she's scared of flying -- talk about guts!

What happens to Disney princesses after their "happily ever after"? This amazing video offers a few theories.

Could you tell a story in 140 characters?

Apology cards to the rescue!

Who should pay on the first date?

And as always, feel free to connect with me on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook. See you there, friends! xoxo

[Photo via bippity boppity boo]

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather, Melissa. Prayers for your family coming all the way from Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your grandfather...sending love and prayers from Ohio! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry, Melissa... Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to start watching Mad Men, don't I?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss! At least he had a long life. One of the oldest ladies in the town I'm from just died at 92. My mom and I were talking about how just living a long lucid life is such a gift.

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin