Wednesday, March 20, 2013

In The Pursuit of Happiness: You are beautiful when...

We've talked about feeling beautiful before, and I don't know about you, but it's so easy to forget about our beauty sometimes. Do you ever feel this way? When you think about your friends, what is it that you like about them? Is it their nonstop sense of humor or the fact that they’re always there for you or the fact that they can finish a crossword puzzle in 30 minutes flat?
Now think about yourself. What do you love about yourself? What makes YOU beautiful? If those answers don’t seem to come as easily, you’re not alone. It’s so easy to pick out positive traits in others, but we’re our own worst critic. BUT STOP. You’re awesome. You’re beautiful. And it’s about time you started believing what others are seeing in you every day. Yes…you! I'm all for writing down two things every day that make us beautiful. Here are two things that come to mind today...

You’re beautiful…when you’re helping other people
Nothing makes you feel as good as seeing a smile on someone’s face because of something you did. Whether it’s volunteering at the hospital or helping a middle schooler with their science project, people will be amazed by your generosity.

You’re beautiful…without makeup
Let your true self shine naturally because, guess what? That girl is pretty darn awesome. Makeup is great – and lots of fun – but the real thing is even prettier. Here’s a little secret too: Those around you might take note, and you could be the forerunner of a new makeup-free trend!
So, friends, it's your turn: What makes you feel beautiful today? Your kind heart? Your free spirit? You love for your family? Let's chat! xoxo
[Photos via Le Love]


  1. I was JUST going to write a blog post about this!!!!! I was reading in a mag about woman talking about what makes them beautiful and I was so addicted to read their answers, I was like, "Can someone just make a blog about this? Like an entire blog? I would read it all day long!"

    I am the most beautiful when I'm creating.

  2. I felt beautiful today when my assignment inspired one of my students to leave his comfort zone and create a podcast instead of writing a paper! I smiled through the whole 7.5 minutes of it,and told him so!!

  3. I LOVE this post! It really is so easy to forget WHY we love ourselves and the people who are dear to us. I think My creativity is what makes me feel most beautiful. :)


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin