Monday, March 11, 2013

MEMO TO MEN: Those seemingly little gestures

TO: Men all over the planet
FROM: Melissa
RE: Don't overlook little gestures 
DATE: March 11, 2013
Oh, boys, I bring you a little lesson today -- a lesson that might seem a bit trivial and rather insignificant, but really is far more powerful than you could ever imagine. I suppose it's more of a reminder of sorts. How many times have you thought, "I won't bother with that...after all, it won't matter. Not really, anyway."

Well, think again. Why? Because you'd be surprised how much of an impact even the littlest of gestures can have on someone's life. Little things -- not matter how little they seem -- do matter. Heck, sometimes they mean more than the grandest of gestures.
Case in point: I received an email from Cute Guy Friend yesterday. We haven't spoken in awhile, so I instantly smiled when I saw his note in my inbox. He was writing to let me know he was thinking of my family on the anniversary of my father's death. He's made a point of doing this every year since my dad died, and every year -- without failed -- it's warmed my heart. Now, of course I know that everyone who knew my father remembers him this time of year, but that personal email has always been such a comfort to me. It's one of those tangible reminders that my father touched so many lives. It probably took him just a couple of minutes to rattle off that email, but I can guarantee you that I'll be smiling for days because of it.

In the end, it's those little things that tend to mean the most, boys. Don't overlook what comes directly from the heart. You can never go wrong with your heart -- it's the only real and truly genuine thing we have to give. After all, isn't that all we really want, boys...? xoxo

[Top photo via Le Love]


  1. Incredible. I love how you say that it's not necessarily about you, but about your father's legacy.

    But it is partially about you. It's about your relationship with cute guy and you. What a gentleman to recognize that.

  2. So true. Grand gestures are definitely over hyped. It's the little things

  3. I totally agree. The small things my boyfriend does like random sweet nothings texts mean the most to me. It shows that I'm in his thoughts.

  4. I totally agree. Sometimes, it's as simple as my husband making supper AND washing the dishes. Those things make me fall even more in love.

  5. It's ALWAYS the little things that count. And that's very sweet of Cute Guy Friend :)

  6. It's so true. My husband's small considerate gestures always mean so much to me. I also find it helpful to let him know these things do not go unnoticed.

  7. so true,'s important to make sure they know how much it means to you. I wrote back and told him how much i appreciated him always remembering my dad.

  8. What a sweet gesture–and a beautiful tradition. My sweetheart is just learning the value of the little gesture, but I think he can already see it's working for him, and me!


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin