Monday, March 25, 2013

Sponsor Spotlight: Ceville Designs

I recently had the pleasure of chatting with Laura of Ceville Designs, the Ohio-based design shop full of art prints, collages and mixed media pieces. The artist extraordinaire has worn many hats, including serving in the U.S. Air force, but says her shop is, "who I am and an opportunity to find my voice." Read on for more of Laura's advice and a peek at her favorite item in her shop! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Ceville Designs
Become a fan on Facebook
Tell me about you and your shop
A word that sums up the spirit of my shop is "whimsy." I like to do things that are colorful and fun. My pieces and subject matter are varied, similar to my background. I am Panamanian and was born in Panama. My Dad joined the U.S. Army, so we left Panama. I've lived all over the U.S., and I spent four years in Germany. I am a U.S. Air Force Academy graduate and spent a little more than four years in the Air Force. Military folks were often surprised when I told them I was an artist. For most, it seemed to be too much of a departure from what our "mission" was. But my parents never told me what I couldn't do. They just said whatever you do, strive to be the best. And not to be the best compared to others, but to be the best compared to my own potential. I enjoyed the Air Force tremendously, but there was a bigger life I was called to live. I became a real estate investor and eventually found my way into the insurance industry. I am the Vice President of The Brubaker Company, an independent agency based in Eaton, Ohio. I have been self-employed since I left the military in 2006, and I love what I do and the opportunities I have each and every day to make a difference in this world. I feel blessed! I am a big believer in the power of positivity and have a tremendous passion for sharing joy and possibility with others. My shop is an example of setting your mind to something and doing it! As I tell my agents, "Pull the trigger!"

What's the inspiration behind its launch?
I have been creating art and writing children's stories since I was a little girl. My shop is an expression of who I am and an opportunity to find my voice as I test new mediums. My shop opened when I made the decision to put my passion at the forefront of my life instead of waiting for "someday." My shop is a work in progress. I am developing my style, and I invite everyone along for the journey!

What's your best piece of advice for people looking for great online shopping deals?
There is ALWAYS a sale sooner or later! :) Be patient and diligent!

What are some ways that people can still decorate for less?
I am a big fan of recycling up! Be creative with what you already have! Solid colors are eternal! When you buy, imagine how your item will pair with other pieces that you already have! Simple, clean lines are always in style!
What is your favorite piece in your shop and why?
My favorite piece is currently this swan mixed media piece. It is my favorite piece because every time I look at it, I can't help but smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin