Tuesday, March 12, 2013

X-ray save-the-dates

When it comes to save-the-dates, my favorite kinds are those that tell a mini story about the bride and groom and are a true reflection of who they are. Doctors and future husband-and-wife team Ellie and Seth wanted to do something non-traditional, so they used a chest x-ray photo as the basis for their save-the-date and had the hand-lettering screen printed in a teal-colored ink.
I love all the little doctor-y touches too, like the large x-ray envelopes that were hand-stamped with Confidential and X-Ray Official Test Results – Do Not Bend. I bet guests really thought there were test results in their mailboxes! What a fun idea!
Would you ever do something like this, friends? Have you? What's the most original and creative save-the-date you've ever received? Why did it catch your attention? xoxo
P.S. Balloon and paper doll save-the-dates.

[Save-the-dates designed by Ladyfingers Letterpress, via Oh So Beautiful Paper]


  1. this is SO FUNNY - b/c i actually talked about this idea with Joe - i didn't know people did this ACTUALLY thing - i thought i was being all 'unique' and stuff - darn

  2. THESE ARE FANTASTIC! I agree that save the dates (and weddings in general) shouldn't be generic. They should be completely personal.

  3. I have mixed feelings! While they're very original and clever, I don't think I would expose myself to radiation for no reason.


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin