Monday, April 15, 2013

Blog Redesign Week: What are your thoughts on the future of blogging?

Well, friends, we've talked about blogging misconceptions, my day-to-day routine, what I love most about blogging and my #1 piece of advice. But, really, when you think about it, no blogging FAQ series would be complete without a look to the future of this exciting and ever-changing medium.

For me, that's part of what's so exciting about having a blog...there are endless possibilities for its future. It's really what you make it. I feel like the new design has added a new, fresh voice to the blog and given it even more energy, making me even more excited about its future -- I know what you're thinking, "How can she be even more excited than this?"

Well, apparently I can.

It's inevitable that a blog is going to grow and change -- that's the nature of the medium. We all know my love-hate-mostly hate relationship with change over the years, how I'd avoid it like '80s shoulder pads and how just the mere mention of the word change has been enough to make me recoil in terror. But now? With my blog, this is the first time I'm actually unafraid of change -- dare I say that I'm embracing it? Walking (err, rolling...) toward it even. Scary, I know, but it's true.

My blog has grown and changed with me, and I'm really proud of that. As for the future, I plan on further developing my blog's voice and working toward expanding my presence in the blogging community. I hope you'll join me on the journey, friends! xoxo

P.S. You can read all the posts from last week's festivities here and my full bio, if you'd like. :)

[Photo via We Heart It]

5 comments:

Chloe Moon said...

That's my favorite thing about blogging! Embracing the change!! I just love your design and I wish you all the best w/ your new outlook! I've been a follower for many years and your blog is always a wonderful and awesome place to visit! =)

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

I really do love what you've done with the look and feel–it's amazing to see (in the short time I've been a devoted reader) just how far its come, and I have no doubt you're both headed for even greater things!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

love the new look, melissa!!!!

Melissa Blake said...

Awww, thanks so much, friends! I'm so glad you like the new look! I'm so happy with it!

Melissa Blake said...

I'm excited, lena -- and i'm excited to get back to some regular favorites this week, like MEMO TO MEN. :)

those are one of my favorite kinds of posts to do...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin