Thursday, April 18, 2013

Must-see: Dove's new ad campaign

Have you guys seen Dove's new Real Beauty Sketches ad campaign? I've always admired the beauty brand's body-positive message, and their newest approach encourages women to see themselves through the eyes of a stranger because "you are more beautiful than you think." Dove asked seven women of different ages and backgrounds to describe themselves while a sketch artist brought their descriptions to life. When these drawings were then compared to sketches of the women as they're described by a random stranger, it became crystal clear: Women were looking through a fun house mirror! Look at how different those sketches are -- of the same woman...
What do you think, friends? Isn't it inspiring? xoxo


  1. This is such a wonderful concept, I love it! We are all too often our own worst critiques!

  2. i saw this yesterday and it brought tears to my eyes. such a great lesson for all of us to stop being so hard on ourselves!

  3. It's an interesting concept but I'm a little uneasy with it of the idea that women gain value from because of the way they look. I think that although it may seem like a cuddly idea but essentially it's about Dove selling stuff by playing on female insecurities. It's just done in a new way.

    Wow, I am cynical. :-(

  4. Yes! Absolutely! I have my own what gs about this (as you know) and I love what they did.

  5. It's incredible how differently they saw themselves. I just ADORE dove. :)

  6. This was amazing! I love Dove for always having such fantastic campaigns<3 Thanks for sharing!

  7. this is such a powerful campaign - it's crazy how we don't ever really see ourselves.
    Chic on the Cheap


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin