That, friends, was my tweet from last night when Jenny emailed me to let me know that she was installing my new design. Remember when you were little, and you used to wake up like 10 times on Christmas Eve to see if it was morning yet? Well, that's exactly how I felt last night! After a few months of designing a layout, choosing a color scheme and deciding on a header, everything has finally come together in the new design you see on your computer screen right now! I'm so excited to debut lots of cool new features, so I thought we'd take a little tour this afternoon...
1. The new header is my favorite part of the new design. I wanted something that would be easily recognizable -- something that people could look at and immediately go, "Oh, that's So About What I Said..." Another one of my favorites: Drop-down menus for easier navigation. They're just below the header and will direct you to the most popular categories, including Love Lounge, Dream Vacation and In The Pursuit of Happiness.
2. A new mini bio on the right-hand side as well as my full bio under the About Me tab at the top. Also under the About Me tab? Sponsor info -- all in one place, making it easy if you'd like to advertise.
3. Simple sidebar titles with a touch of pink -- don't you love the paint splash effect? And, social media buttons with big pops of color! I love how they just jump off the screen!
4. You can still follow by Bloglovin' and RSS, of course, but now you have the option of having posts delivered right to your email! Pretty fancy, huh? Looking for an old post or a specific topic? You can now search the blog easier, too, or jump to a specific month with the drop-down archive menu.
5. Dying to share a post on your favorite social media site? Check out the three colorful share buttons under each post -- you can LIKE it on Facebook, Tweet It or PIN IT to your heart's content.
**PLEASE NOTE: There have been some hiccups when trying to view the blog through Internet Explorer, so make sure you're using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari as your browser.
I'm so happy the new design is (finally!) out in cyberspace, and I can't say enough wonderful things about Jenny and everyone at Maiedae Designs for all their hard work and patience -- even through all my revisions! From the beginning, I knew I wanted a sleek, fresh and modern design, and Jenny took my vision and ideas and really brought them to life in the most perfect way. I've always envisioned my blog as a magazine, and I think we definitely achieved that feel here. Collaborating with the ladies of Maiedae was such a wonderful experience and so much fun!
I hope you like the new look, friends! We're doing a few final tweaks, but if you notice anything, please let me know! Thanks, as always, for being the wonderful, most amazing blog readers EVER! I love you all! xoxo